Tyson CFO apologizes for arrest after allegedly entering the wrong home and falling asleep

By Parija Kavilanz, CNN BusinessUpdated: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:03:39 GMTSource: CNN BusinessTyson's financial chief apologized Monday for his arrest last weekend after he allegedly wandered into th

By Parija Kavilanz, CNN Business

Updated: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:03:39 GMT

Source: CNN Business

Tyson's financial chief apologized Monday for his arrest last weekend after he allegedly wandered into the wrong home and fell asleep in a bedroom.

"I'm embarrassed and I want to let you know that I take full responsibility for my actions," John R. Tyson, the chief financial officer of Tyson Foods, said during a Monday earnings call with investors. He is the great-grandson of the meat processing company's founder.

"I also want to apologize to our investors as I have to our employees," Tyson said on the call. "This was an incident inconsistent with our company values as well as my personal values. I just wanted you guys to hear this directly from me and to know that I'm committed to making sure this never happens again."

Tyson Foods CEO Donnie King commented on the situation as well, saying that the company was taking the matter seriously through its "strong, robust corporate governance process" and that the company's board is overseeing an independent "thorough review of this matter."

Tyson, 32, was arrested on the morning of November 6 in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and booked into the Washington County Jail at 2:23 a.m. He allegedly entered a home that wasn't his and was found asleep on a bed by a woman who lived there, according to news reports. The woman called the police, who identified Tyson through his driver's license.

According to a police report Tyson was charged with public intoxication and criminal trespass, and he was released the same day on bond.

Tyson's arrest and apology come after a recent public misconduct scandal by another high-profile senior executive at a food company.

Doug Ramsey, former chief operating officer at Beyond Meat, left the company last month shortly after being arrested for assault. Ramsey was arrested in September on charges of "terroristic threatening" and third-degree battery after he allegedly bit a man's nose following an Arkansas college football game. Ramsey was released on an $11,000 bond the following day, according to court records.

Beyond Meat suspended Ramsey following the incident and he left the company in October.